No Reserve Auction: Silver, Paintings, Oriental, Ephemera, Collectibles
Photos of selected items are displayed in a slideshow below and in an AuctionZip Gallery.
Outstanding Chinese presentation bowl with dragon handles, 50.2 Troy oz, engraved "NG Sau Cook Compradore, Guranty Trust of New York, Hong Kong, December 1902" [SIC]; Gorham 8-day desk clock; Howard & Co. compote & salt & peppers; Tiffany bon bon dish and miscellaneous flatware.
ART & PAINTINGS:
- Repose by Louis Icart, drypoint color with hand coloring in gouache, 1934. The 18 5/8 x 45 1/2 image is signed in pencil "E.A. 44" in the lower-left margin. This is Icart's largest nude print.
- Sheep by C. Von Fascini, 19th century Italian. The oil on canvas image is 19 1/2 X 29 5/8.
- Monk Drinking Wine by Eduard von Grützner, German 1846-1925. The 15 1/2 x 19 /12 oil on canvas image is signed and dated 1865.
- Blumen (Flowers) by Fritz Oswald, Swiss 1878-1966. The oil on board image is 20 1/4 X 25 5/8.
- Oriental items, including an outstanding 24" Chinese bronze vase in high relief, 4 kimonos, a bone carving and a silk tapestry with cranes.
- Scales, including an Art Deco Penny Scale from Palisades Amusement Park, NJ and early gold scales.
- Coca Cola items including a Vendo Coke Machine, model V125-220, 3 dolls, lit houses, older bottles and advertising.
- Radios, including 2 Atwater Kent models 44 and 55, a book model crystal set, and a Zenith Trans-Oceanic.
- Advertising, including Old Coon Cigars, cardboard Butternut Bread, Schmidt's Beer figure, a Goebel "München Weltstadt Mit Herz" (Munich, the metropolitan city with heart) figurine, and a 31" Pizza Man.
Over 100 Life magazines including Volume 1, No. 1; Politically Incorrect letter, dated 1901; political posters of Nixon, Kennedy; postcards; "Welcome Home" banner for Scott Carpenter.
Carpenter's chest with tiger maple interior; 9-pc Danish modern dining room set, walnut; Art Nouveau oak side table; large primitive "tac" chest; 3 dome tops; 5 trunks; 2 early hide covered chests; walnut Pembroke table; primitive pine drop-leaf table; mahogany Empire Revival sofa with large paw feet, etc.
All items are offered with NO RESERVE and sold "AS IS” -- no refunds and no returns – with a 13% Buyer’s Premium and a 3% Discount for Cash or Check.
Additional details, photos, and directions are available in the auction brochure (PDF: 506 KB) and in a slim version (214 KB) without photos.
Absentee and phone bids for this auction can be submitted using the convenient bidform. Bidders must be pre-registered. First-time NYS tax exempt buyers must complete and submit NYS Resale Certificate ST-120